Friday, July 8, 2016

Work Again Continues

After taking 2.5 years off to pay back taxes, I am finally starting up on my build.
I have scrapped the 2010+ 997.2 porsche PDK Gearbox due to having no luck finding the 2 circular plugs required to wire the PDK to the PDK ECU. I have everything else but cannot find those and the harness from Porsche is about $5k and I'm not doing that.
Also I would have to get custom axles and I'm not doing that either.
I decided to go with a Mendeola S5B sequential gearbox. It will require no additional configuration and my existing Z06 axles will fit perfectly.

While I was waiting I have done much watching and searching for parts and components and have revised my build. I guess that's what happens when you wait and new technology comes out.
I am ditching the standard water pump for a remote mount water pump that is all AN fittings.
As well as ditching the standard radiator for a billet aluminum that is all AN fittings.
Also I have found a 7" Android stereo and high quality servos I am going to use to shift my Mendeola S5B gearbox so I can use the paddle shifters on the AIM-Sport GT Steering Wheel I'm getting.

I am starting to work on the body since I cannot afford my gearbox yet.
Posts to follow when I accomplish something.

2 comments:

  1. Great build photos. I have chasis 432 and stumbled on your site from the ffr forum. Like you I have changed directions many times. I purchased parts pallets from SMC and put in the z06 brakes. My son was born last year and I broke my leg so I had delays too. I'm not far ahead of you. Put in a G50-20 gearbox with an LS2 crate motor. Just ran the brake lines for the 3rd time after learning the corvette soft brake line has a metric fitting on it. Fill, bleed and test all your lines before you put in the motor, trans and cooling system! I am working on a solution for the radiator hoses, just bought something from Hose Candy but the 3' length is a little short. Good luck on your build. I feel like this is taking me too long but without a shop and deep pockets these builds take much longer for the average Joe. FYI, with most of my parts purchased excluding wheels, tires, spoiler, paint and radio I am already over $60k into this. A lot of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.I have decided to do a remote water pump, mainly to give me more room between the engine and the center console.
      I found a good radiator with AN fittings and will use 1 piece tubes for all my plumbing and AN fittings. If you have not thought about exhausting the heat, you really need to. It gets hot inside.
      I am using most of the parts listed on VRaptorSpeedworks site for heat management.

      Delete